Selasa, 08 April 2008

Donny Hathaway - A Donny Hathaway Collection



"Like A Comet..Blazing 'Cross The Evening Sky..Gone Too Soon"..
this Michael Jackson's song fit to describe Donny Hathaway. He had only 9 years to fill the music world with his gifted talent, cuz just at 33 years of age, he passed away. Still in those 9 years career, he has made many classic songs, and influenced so many big names like Stevie Wonder, George Benson, Brian McKnight, Frank McComb, India Arie, Raul Midon and many others. Some of those classics were collaboration works with none other than Roberta Flack. I'm sure you all know "Where Is The Love" or "The Closer I Get To You". While the solo song, like A Song For You, This Christmas, or cover songs like "I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know" (this is a signature song of Blood Sweat and Tears) or Marvin Gaye's classic, "What's Going On" are perfectly fit in the voice of Donny. He has a very soulful voice, like Peabo Bryson more or less, with an amazing interpretation and expression. Based on that, Donny brought his masterpieces around pop jazz, soul, blues,funk and RnB area.This is an album that compiled all his greatest hits. Enjoy!


1. A Song For You
2. I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know
3. You Were Meant For Me
4. Back Together Again (ft Roberta Flack)
5. Where Is The Love (ft Roberta Flack)
6. For All We Know (ft Roberta Flack)
7. Someday We'll All Be Free
8. Giving Up
9. The Closer I Get To You (ft Roberta Flack)
10. You Are My Heaven (ft Roberta Flack)
11. What's Going On (Live @ The Troubadour, Hollywood CA)
12. The Ghetto, Pt. 1
13. To Be Young, Gifted And Black
14. You've Got A Friend (ft Roberta Flack)
15. This Christmas

Link in comment

2 komentar:

MR & MRS JAZZ mengatakan...

Link

SPEAKER MIX mengatakan...

Fellas,

Thank you SOOOOOO MUCH for this album,I´ve beeen looking this for DECADES !!!!!
Donny has such a powerful yet lyric voice,and I felt this so beautifully yesterday night,with my girlie beside me...
Thank you for such good musical taste,my friends !!!

A big hug from Brazil !!!

Mário

PS:I posted it in my blog,Speaker Mix,I felt it deserves a lot...All credits to you,as usual...